How to Use Your PS3 Controller
PS3 wireless controller (SIXAXIS)
USB cable Windows XP or higher
1. Download the file from Sony drivers’ website and save it to your desktop.
2. Unzip the file.
3. Connect the PS3 controller to the computer using a USB cable. Check the lights on the controller. It should be blinking
4. Now go to the “Control Panel” from the Start menu and select on “Systems”.
6. Click Human Interface Devices in the device manager screen. Underneath will appear the option USB Human Interface Device. Right click on this and select the option “Update Driver”.
7. Click on Install from a list or specific location in the pop-up window. Select the option “Don't search I will choose...” on the next screen. Click Next.
8. Click “Have disk” on the next screen and then choose browse and select Desktop. From there, click ds3 drivers and choose ds3drv1.02. Click through until you get to the file beginning Dual shock. Open this and install the file.
9. Go back to the control panel and click on Game Controllers. Select Playstation 3 Controller and then go to Properties. Press the Home button in the middle of the playstation controller. You should then see the cursor in the box to the left of the window respond to your joystick when you move it.