How to connect Xbox 360 to HDTV using VGA HD AV Cable
The Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable comes bundled with most of the Xbox 360 console bundles. It works with both high-definition and standard TVs and also monitors.
1. Set the switch on the A/V connector for your TV or monitor:
· If the TV is HDTV, High definition: set the output to HDTV.
· If the TV is standard CRT or LCD without HD, set the output to TV
Note: Set the switch to HDTV only if your TV or monitor supports a screen resolution of 480p or higher.
2. Connect the connectors on the component HD A/V cable to the corresponding color input jacks on the TV.
§ On a high-definition TV, if the cable has a yellow RCA composite video connector, it can be left disconnected.
§ On a standard TV, use only the yellow, red, and white connectors. Do not use the other connectors.
3. Connect the A/V connector on the component HD A/V cable to the A/V port on the console.
4. Turn on the TV and console.