NVIDIA-based graphics hardware, HybridPower technology is designed to lower the power consumption of your computer. When your computer is performing non-intensive tasks, HybridPower automatically switches off your power-hungry graphics card and enables the onboard graphics chip instead. By default, the HybridPower feature is enabled on all capable systems. If for any reason you do not want this feature, you must disable it from within your system's BIOS.
Follow the below steps to disable hybrid power:
- Save all your work and restart your computer.
- Look closely at the first screen that loads for a message specifying what key is used to enter the BIOS setup.
- Press the specified key repeatedly to enter your system BIOS.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select "Advanced Chipset Options" and press the "Enter"
- Select "Hybrid Support" by using the arrow keys and press "Enter."
- Use your arrow keys to select "Disable" and press "Enter."
- Press the "F10" key. This loads a "Save and Exit" prompt.
- Press the "Y" key to confirm. Hybrid functionality is disabled.