How to Disable Automatic Driver Installation in Windows 7
Windows 7 operating system will install the device drivers automatically
There are some simple tricks to disable the automatic driver installation procedure. Just follow the simple steps below.
Steps to Follow
- Go to Windows Start button.
- Then right click on Computer and choose Properties from the drop down menu.
- In the left pane choose Advanced System Settings option.
- Next System Properties dialog box will open.
- Then click on Hardware tab and choose Device Installation Settings button.
- By default it will be clicked as Yes, do these automatically (Recommended).
- In Device Installation Settings dialog box Click on option No, let me choose what to do and then
- Never install driver software from Windows Update.
- Finally click on Save Changes button.